Licensed Practical Nurse Job – Brunswick, GA428922
A licensed practical nurse (LPN) provides skilled nursing services to patients under the direction of a Medical Provider and plays a vital role in the clinic. The LPN provides a variety of related services to maintain a safe, therapeutic environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Obtains, verifies, and records health history.
- Answers incoming calls and schedules appointments as needed.
- Documents assessments, interventions, patient / family responses, medication dispensed / prescribed, and test results in medical records.
- Recognizes patient distress and takes appropriate action.
- Calls patients to relay physician messages and outcome of diagnostic test or lab results.
- Corrects information in patient demographics as needed.
- Calls in prescription refills.
- Collects specimens as ordered by the physician.
- Administers medications as ordered by the physician.
- Cleans exam room(s), instruments, hallways, and equipment between patient visits to maintain infection control.
- Performs venipunctures, injections, IVs, and labs as needed.
- Completes drug screens, breath alcohol tests, spirometry, and audiometry.
- Maintains training in OSHA / HIPAA compliance.
- Maintains referral and lab notebooks.
- Informs provider of any abnormal labs / tests.
- Triages patient education.
- Maintains confidentiality of all patient information according to Federal guidelines and regulations.
Education and Experience:
High School Diploma or equivalent. Must possess a current license to practice as an LPN in the State of Georgia. Must be knowledgeable of nursing practices and procedures. Must have the ability to deal tactfully with patients and family members. Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills. Must have patience, tact and a cheerful disposition and enthusiasm. Must maintain current CPR and Drug Screen Training certifications. Must have a valid driver’s license. Must pass a pre-employment criminal history, drug screen and motor vehicle check.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Ability to act as a role model for ancillary personnel.
- Good digital dexterity and hand-eye coordination to utilize assessment tools.
- Superior oral and written communication with co-workers, patients and their families.
- Ability to interact positively and professionally with others at all times.
- Ability to cope with stressful situations.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and handle situations tactfully.
- Respect patients and co-workers on a daily basis.
- Ability to operate/order labs with outside lab company.
- Knowledge of PAR levels.
- Knowledge of ordering procedures.
- Knowledge and training of all drug screening and types.
- Basic knowledge of AAP concepts (labs, testing, etc).
- High-level of organization.
- Ability to multi-task.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Physical demand and work environment are representative of those in a medical office/clinic environment. This position requires regular standing, walking, sitting, use of hands, reaching, climbing or balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching or crawling. Position requires the ability to hear and frequently lift or move up to 35lbs, infrequently up to 50 lbs. Manual dexterity required in the use of normal office equipment i.e., computers, copiers, fax machines, etc. This position requires moderate to intense visual concentration, reading, using a computer and reviewing patient charts. Position requires distance and peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focus and see color. This position has daily contact with patients, families, medical facilities; physicians, physician office staff, vendors/suppliers and AppleCare staff and requires excellent communication and problem-solving skills and professional demeanor. This position may include travel outside of the home clinic. This position has a risk of exposure to infectious diseases requiring standard safety precautions.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.