Medical Assistant (MA) Job – Valdosta GA 24962
Why You’ll Love This JobEstablish yourself with an exceptional healthcare company where you can develop your skills and master the latest treatments and techniques in a hands-on learning environment when you join the AppleCare Immediate Care family as a Medical Assistant!
Advance your healthcare career to new levels as a member of our team of professionals. You will add to your skills as you encounter a variety of different patients and symptoms within a workplace that encourages mentorship and teamwork. Establish close-knit relationships with your trusted teammates that will be beneficial to both your personal and professional growth. In this outstanding Medical Assistant role, you will be the recipient of generous perks and benefits such as quarterly rewards and recognition programs, a 401k, company paid life insurance, continuing medical education, and professional license reimbursement.
Do not miss out on this opportunity to advance with a first-rate organization! Apply for AppleCare Immediate Care's Medical Assistant job opening today!
Medical Assistant Responsibilities
- Answers incoming calls and schedules appointments as needed
- Verifies patient insurance eligibility
- Calls patients to relay physician messages and outcome of diagnostic test or lab results
- Shows patient to room or treatment area, takes vital signs, and documents the patient’s reason for the office visit
- Collects specimens and administers medications as ordered by a physician
- Performs venipunctures, injections, IVs, and labs as needed
- Completes drug screens, breath alcohol tests, spirometry, and audiometry
- Cleans exam room(s), instruments, and equipment between patient visits
Medical Assistant Qualifications
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Must be a Certified or Registered Medical Assistant
- Current CPR certification
- Previous training in OSHA / HIPAA compliance
- Ability to interact positively and professionally
- Willingness to work with other centers to coordinate staff at other locations
About AppleCareHeadquartered in Savannah GA, and operating 11 clinics in Georgia, AppleCare is a growing operator of Urgent Care facilities. AppleCare delivers outstanding care, exceptional service and great value to patients in the communities where they live and work. Our core values of quality, compassion, effectiveness, trust and teamwork are in the forefront of how we care for our patients and interact with our employees. If our core values drive you, AppleCare is your employer of choice!
job number: 24962Back to All Jobs