Patient Services Coordinator Job – Warner Robins, GA429097
Responsible for greeting all patients, registration filing, telephone coverage, handling daily cash management and reconciliation, and maintaining an orderly flow of patients through the practice management system.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Greets patients and ensures that the sign-in process is completed. Informs patients of the approximate wait time and explains elongated waiting periods.
- Recognizes patient distress and takes action as necessary.
- Verifies patient insurance eligibility via telephone, fax, or Internet, collects co-payments. Also corrects information in patient demographics and changes with insurance carriers.
- Answers incoming calls and schedules appointments as needed.
- Cleans counters empty trash and clean the waiting room and up-front area.
- When needed, refers patients to the billing department for assistance after being researched by the center.
- Performs daily balancing (proofing/posting). Takes deposit to the bank as needed.
- Assists in training new employees.
- Maintains compliance with training in Code of Conduct, timekeeping, Sexual Harassment, Work Place Violence, OSHA / HIPAA.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- Ability to perform basic math – simple addition & subtraction, make change, etc.
- Must be able to attain and maintain HeartSaver AED CPR certification within the first 90 days of employment.
- Must be willing to work 12-hour shifts, weekends, and holidays.
- Must be willing to work at multiple centers, as needed.
- Strong interpersonal / customer service skills; must be able to communicate well with a wide variety of individuals within the organization and work well in a team-based environment.
- Strong project management skills, including the ability to break down work effort, estimate time, and manage to the critical path.
- Strong organizational skills; including the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple tasks; strong attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills, including the ability to research, interpret, and report on complex data.
- Competent in Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Preferred: Knowledge of medical terminology
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Physical demand and work environment are representative of those in a medical office environment. This position requires regular standing, walking, sitting, use of hands, reaching, climbing or balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, or crawling. Position requires the ability to hear, frequently lift or move up to 35lbs, infrequently lift or move up to 50 lbs. Manual dexterity is required in the use of normal office equipment i.e., computers, copiers, fax machines, etc. Position requires distance and peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focus and see color. This position has daily contact with patients, families, medical facilities; physicians, physician office staff, vendors/suppliers, and AppleCare staff and requires excellent communication and problem-solving skills and professional demeanor. This position has a risk of exposure to infectious diseases requiring standard safety precautions.